Every year National Testing Agency (NTA) conducts Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) Main in January and April. Students can appear in both the exams and the best of these two scores is considered for the compilation of All India Rank(AIR) list. Students take admissions in various Engineering Colleges of the country using their JEE Main Rankings. This exam is held for the 10+2 appearing/passed students to seek admission in IITs, NITs, and other engineering colleges of the country.
Gear Up for JEE Main 2021 with right preparation tips:
JEE Main 2021 Syllabus
Check out the JEE Main Syllabus from the NTA Website. However, the syllabus does not change every year, so you can even refer to 2020 Syllabus. You will find that the JEE Syllabus is mainly based on the Class 11 and 12 Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics(PCM) syllabus.
The examination comprises of three paper. Paper 1 is conducted for admission to B.E/ B.Tech UG Courses and Paper 2 is conducted for admission to B.Arch and Paper 3 for B.Plan UG Courses.
Click here to get JEE Main 2021 Syllabus.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Pattern
Jee Main 2021 will be conducted in the following way-
- B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Based Test (CBT) mode only.
- B.Arch: Mathematics-Part I and Aptitude Test-Part I in Computer Based Test only and Drawing Test-Part III in Pen &Paper Based (offline) mode only. For drawing, A4 sheet would be provided at the centre.
- B.Planning: Mathematics-Part 1 and Aptitude Test-Part 2 in Computer Based Test only and Planning based test-Part 3 in Computer Based Test (CBT) only.
- Question Paper shall be in English, Hindi and Gujarati.
- The paper consists of 25*3=75 Questions from PCM for 300 Marks
- The paper consists of 20 MCQ and 5 Numerical Value Type questions
- Correct answers are awarded 4 marks and incorrect MCQ gets you -1.
- There are no negative marks for Numerical Value Type (NVT) questions.
Jee Main 2021 Exam Pattern
|Paper||Subjects||Type of Questions||Mode of Exam|
|B.E/B.Tech||Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Questions for which answer is a numerical value, with equal weightage to Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|B.Arch||Mathematics – Part I||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Questions for which answer is a numerical value||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Aptitude Test – Part II||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Drawing Test – Part III||Questions to test drawing aptitude||“Pen & Paper Based” (offline) mode to be attempted on Drawing sheet|
|B.Planning||Mathematics – Part I||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) & Questions for which answer is a numerical value||“Computer Based Test (CBT)” mode only|
|Aptitude Test – Part II||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
|Planning Based Questions – Part III||Objective Type – Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)|
JEE Main 2021 Eligibility Criteria
- Eligibility to appear for the exam
- Age Limit: None
- Educational Qualification: Candidate must have passed 10+2/ equivalent in the year 2020, or 2019. Candidates appearing for 10+2 exam in 2021 are also eligible to apply.
- Eligibility to take admissions in NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and State Engineering Colleges
- Must have the required JEE Main AIR
- Minimum marks in 10+2 are as follows:
|Course||Subjects in 10+2||Marks|
|B.E/B.Tech||Maths and Physics main subjects. Others can be Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology||General-75%|
SC and ST- 65%
|B.Arch||Maths, Physics and Chemistry main subjects.||PCM-50%|
|B.Planning||Mathematics||50% in Maths|
Jee Main 2021 Application Form:
The application form for Jee Main 2021 can be filled online at specified website. Read below carefully to fill online application form:
Step 1: Visit the official website at https://jeemain.nta.nic.in/
Step 2: Click on the link to register and complete the registration process.
Step 3: After successful registration, the application number is generated, it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and will also be required for all future correspondence.
Step 4: Log in with the application number and password to fill the application number.
Step 5: Fill up the application form and upload scanned images of the candidate’s photograph and signature.
(a) The recent photograph should be coloured or black/white (but clear contrast).
(b) Scanned photograph and signature should be in JPG/JPEG format.
(c) Size of scanned photograph should be between 10 kb to 200 kb.
(d) Size of scanned signature should be between 4 kb to 30 kb.
Step 6: Pay the examination fee and proceed to generate the confirmation page.
JEE Main 2021 Exam Centres:
JEE Main 2021 is conducted across all over India and outside India also. Candidates get their centre from their choice of the city filled during form filling. Jee Main 2020 was conducted in the following cities all over country:
Click here to Know the details of the exam centres in respective cities.
To get fastest exam alerts, and latest educational news, subscribe to Kota Notes.HomePage